50km Ultra: Municipal Offices, Wanders Ave, Middelburg: Strictly 06:00 21.1km Wild Challenge: Loskop Nature Reserve, Damwal Complex: Strictly 06:30 Secure Parking & Free Coffee from 04:30 on race day at both START venues
Pasta @ R45 per person at the 50km START from 17:00 on Friday 20 April
Pasta buffet @ R75 per person at Forever Resorts Loskopdam Restaurant
Beer Garden also available at both venues
Only Official vehicles / bicycles / motorbikes will be allowed on both routes
Both the 50km Ultra and the 21.1km wild Challenge will finish at Forever Resorts Loskopdam
Athletes will receive a maximum of three (3) entry vouchers to the Resort. These vouchers will be attached to your Race Number. Should you enter the Resort prior to collecting your free entry vouchers, you must pay the normal entry fee. You may then redeem these vouchers, with proof of payment, for a refund at Reception.
Only Runners wearing Official Race Numbers clearly visible on the front of their club vests will be allowed to enter the finishing area.
Bus Transport will be provided to the 50km START in Middelburg from loskop Dam
Busses will depart strictly from 04:00-04:45. Only 750 tickets available, one per athlete Tickets will be allocated on a first-come first served basis and to athletes ONLY. NO TRANSPORT WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM MIDDELBURG, ATHLETES ARE REMINDED THAT THE ROAD TO LOSKOP WILL CLOSE AT 05:00
Buses will also return to Middeburg after the Prize-giving.
Bus Tickets must be booked with entry at a cost of R50 per ticket NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD ON RACE DAY.
Goodie Bags and Race T-shirts will be made available to all finishing Athletes at the finish line of both race. The goodie bags include the traditional stainless steel tossing coin from Columbus Steel and other exciting items such as oranges with compliments of Schoeman Boerdery.
Alternative Accommodation can be reserved at:
Middelburg Info Centre - Central Reservations
Tel: (013) 243-2653/4 Website: www.midinfo.co.za
or Contact the Loskop Marathon Admin Office
Tel: (013) 243-2683 or Cell: 073 668 4436
1. 2012 License number must be worn on the back of your vest and race number on the front of your vest
2. Official Timing Chip MUST be attached to the shoe or as per instruction
3. NO CHIP NO RESULT. CHIP WILL BE PROVIDED WITH RACE NUMBER
4. Licensed runners must wear club colours; other runners should be neatly dressed in accordance with accepted athletic norms
5. To prevent disqualification, obey all Marshals and traffic officers/officials
6. Only athletes as defined by ASA rules:
* 21,1 km - the minimum age is 16 years of age on race day; and
* 50 km Ultra - 20 years of age on race day
7. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear age category tags on both the front and back of their vests. They must complete the race before 11:30
8. Time limits will apply as follows:
* 21,1 km - limit of 4 hours 00 minutes
* 50 km Ultra - time limit of 7 hours, Comrades qualifying time is 6 hours
* 50 km Cut-off times:
- 25 km - 3:25
- 36 km - 4:52
- 42 km - 5:40
9. NO SECONDS ALLOWED
10. The judges decision is final
11. Run under the rules of ASA and Athletics Mpumalanga
12. Walkers may participate with no additional time allowed. Cut-off times as above will apply
13. No Race Numbers will be posted
Please contribute to saving the Rhino's in the Loskop Nature Reserve.
* Make a contribution with your entry or
* Entry your family in the RHINO FUN RUN
NEW 4.9km RHINO FUN RUN This Family Fun Run takes place on Saturday, 21 April 2012, from the start of the 21,1km Wild Challenge (near the Dam wall). This unique run will be towards the Resort along the dam. You may enter on Race day at the start. R20-00 per entry and contribute towards the SAVE THE RHINO FUND. No prize money will be awarded, but all finishers will receive a medal. Walkers are also welcome. The Fun Run starts at 06:45.