1. Seconding: It is a condition of entry that entrants will provide their own seconds and seconding vehicles and at least two seconds are recommended. It is strongly advised that one or more of the seconds are athletic enough to accompany their runner/walker on the road.
2. Training: The general consensus of opinion is that your normal Comrades training is the most important preparation.
3. Preparation for the run itself: On the grounds of weather conditions, you should include protective gear such as cold weather clothing, waterproofs, goggles, gloves, balaclava, lip-ice, etc., and bring towels and fresh T-shirts to change into. A source of warm drinks is also advisable.
4. Pre race registration and briefing: Registration will be at the Washie 100 start (Port Alfred Sports Club) from 15H00 - 17H00 and on the 28th at the start from 04h00. All runners and seconds are expected to report for the briefing at the start at 04h45 on Saturday 28th July 2012.
5. Distance and time limit: The course is measured and is 50 miles. The finish is at the Buffs Club and all competitors must finish by 17h00 on Saturday 28th July 2012 (12 hour limit).
6. Washie 100 Miler: The 100 miler will be starting In Port Alfred at 17h00 on the 27th July. These competitors will be wearing different coloured numbers
7. Prize Giving: The male and female winners will receive their gold medals and floating trophies at the Buffs Club at 10h00 on Sunday 29th July 2012. Bar facilities are available and food will be on sale.
8. Results: Copies of results will be available at the prize giving and on the Buffs web site : www.buffsclub.co.za/running
9. Prizes: The first man and first woman will receive a floating trophy.
All finishers will receive a medal