1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers or the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same maybe arising out of their participation in the race.
2. Registered athletes must wear the current years (2012) license number back and front, if issued with a race number this must be worn on the front of vest.
3. Temporary licensed athletes to wear temporary license on the back of vest.
4. All licensed athletes competing for category prizes must wear numeric tags clearly visible front and back. Proof of age for prize winners will be required and to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
5. Walkers competing for prize money must wear WALKER / W tags on the front and back of their vest.
6. No seconding is allowed.
7. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
8. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race. 9. No iPods or listening devices.
10. Minimum age: 16 yr - 15km
11. Water points at approximately every 3km
12. Time-limit for all the distances 180min. Medical support will be available.