1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all or any actions of whatsoever nature: whatever same may be arising out of their participation of the race.
2. Registered athletes, who must be members of a club affiliated to ASA, to wear their club colours and 2011 license numbers (front and back).
3. Minimum age of (half marathon) competitors on the day of the race 16 years. Proof of age must be produced on request on race day.
4. Temporary licenses will be available at the start. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license number in front.
5. No wheelchair athletes due to terrain.
6. No personal seconding allowed. 3 hour cut-off. Refreshment stations every 3 km’s on the route.
7. Proof of age for prize winners may be required and to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until age is confirmed.
8. In additional to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their Club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
9. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
10. Juniors born in 1993 or later must display category tags “J”.
11. Athletes should wear entry cards/numbers at all times during the race.
12. Runners to obey marshals at all times.
13. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race. 14. No refunds will be entertained. 15. Prize winners are requested to stay for the prize giving at 11:00.
16. Athletes are only eligible for prizes if ALL information is filled in on the sticker or race number tear off.
17. Tog bag facility available.
1. EXIT from N1/N2 to N7. Once on N7, travel ±30 kms, pass Caltex Oil Refinery on left.
2. EXIT from N7 to M14 WATCH CAREFULLY for Melkbosstrand left turnoff ±5 kms after Caltex.
3. EXIT from M14 to R27. Turn right towards Velddrif, travel ± 90kms.
4. EXIT from R27 to R49. Turn left towards Saldanha.
5. Follow the R49, until the 4-way crossing, turn left.
6. Follow this road, pass the first robot and two 4 -way stops until you reach the SAS Saldanha Military Base.