1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
2. Athletes enter on condition that they indemnify national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against all and any actions of whatsoever nature, whatever same arising out of their participation
3. Registered athletes must wear their 2012 license number back and front.
4. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary licence number back and front, no advertising allowed
5. Competitors must be 15 years of age or older on the day and ensure they are medically fit to participate.
6. Numeric age category tags must be worn (front & back), and clearly visable.Juniors to wear "J". Walkers to wear "walker". Temporary licensed Athletes ar eligible for open and category prizes provided they have the age category tag clearly visible front and back, but are only eligible for team prizes if wearing club colours. Proof of age for prize winners will be required and is to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed
7. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their Country of origin to the referee in the event of winning a prize
8. No seconding is allowed
9. Regret no wheelchair athletes
10. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race
11. No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts / prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, will be permitted to participate without the special permission of the race organisers and traffic authorities.
12 We regret thet Athletes are not allowed to participate with pets (i.e dogs)
13.Traffic officers and officials must be obeyed at all times
14. Athletes are only eligible for prizes if ALL information on the race entry is correctly completed