Thursday 13 September at the V.A.C Clubhouse from 18h00 to 20h00
Friday 14 september at the gate at Ithala Game Reserve from 12h00 to 18h00 and at Ntshondwe camp from 18h30 to 20h00
T-shirts for sale @ R180 on race day
The reserve gate will open at 04:00 on race day! If you are not staying inside the reseve, you will be paying the normal entrance fee at the gate. Please have the correct cash availble to speed up the process
R40 per person, R20 per child (2-12yrs) and R30 per vehicle
1. The race will start and end on the soccer field below Ntshondwe Camp
2. The route will be clearly marked and marshals will be in attendance
3. There will be approximately 5 manned water tables, BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE!
4. Participants must remain on the demarcated route only. Any deviation will result in an immediate disqualification
5. No seconding vehicles are allowed on the route
6. Marshals may assist participants only once they have indicated their intention to withdraw from the race
7. No littering or defacing of any feature or the collection of artefacts will be tolerated
8. All instructions given by marshals must be obeyed
9. The decision of the organisers will be final
10. Prize giving will be at 12h00
* Friday evening, 14 September there will be a PASTA EVENING at The Kraal Restaurant @ R75.00 pp
Booking is essential by Friday, 14 September, 12 noon with Jabu Mveli at 034 983 2540
* The "Guineafowl Coffe Shop" will be open for tea and Ala Carte BREAKFEAST from 6am on Sturday, 15 September
* The following will be for sale at the start/finish area from 5am on Saturday, 15 September
. Coffee, Tea, Juices and Alcoholic Beverages
. Hot dogs, Boereworsrolls, Hamburges etc.
* BRAAI LUNCH will be availble at the Bome after the event on Saturday 15 September @ R95pp (braaipack included)
. Booking is essential wit Jabu Mveli before 11 September at 034 983 2540
* DINNER BUFFET on Saturday, 15 September will be available at "The Kraal Restaurant" @ R130pp
. Booking is essentail before 12 noon on 15 September with Jabu Mveli at 034 983 2540
1. The wearing of protectiveheadgear is compulsory. NO HELMET, NO RIDE!!
2. All participants are responsible for carrying essential spares as well as fluids for their own needs
3. All competitors must complete the course under their own power entirely
4. No spectators or seconds are allowed to have contact with or to follow the participants in any vehicle during the event
5. By entering the event the participant confirms that he/she is medically fit for the event and that the cycle is roadworthy
6. No persons under the age of 16 years may enter the 60km event
7. The MTB events are not affialiated to Cycling South Africa (CSA)
. Look out for low, overhanging branches and loose rocks!
. Do not venture off the route!
. Dangerous game may be encountered along the route, which can include rhino, buffalo and elephant!
. Instructions regarding avoiding potentially dangerous situations, will be explained on the day of the challenge
Ithala Game Reserve is offering accommodation at a 50% discount to normal rates
Booking is essential with Ntshondwe camp at 034 983 2540 YOU MUST HAVE ENTERED THE RACE TO QUALIFY FOR THE SPECIAL RATES!