1. Closing date for all entries is 23rd September 2012. Direct deposit and faxed entries Accepted. Cash entries may be handed in at any SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE branch in the Western Cape. PLEASE DO NOT FAX MORE THAN ONCE!
2. A Team will consist of 5 runners / walkers of the SAME club / company / school.
3. To qualify for team prizes, teams must conform to the rule that each member should me a member of the same club. Teams unable to comply with this rule may still participate, but will not compete for prizes. This means teams can consist from 1 to 5 persons! This includes persons running for more than one team. Teams consisting of persons from different clubs are not eligable for prize money bur may takd part.
4. All participants in the 50km relay must be 15 years or older on race day.(Juniors born 1997 or earlier)
5. All participants in the 25km relay must be 9 years or older on race day.
6. Club / Team vest, visibly displaying race numbers, must be worn during running time.
7. RELAY NUMBER provided must be worn on the FRONT of the vest.
8. Participants in the 50km relay who do not have a valid 2012 ASA license must purchase a Temporary license at a cost of R20 / R10 (Jun) per team member. This must be worn on the BACK of the vest of each participant. Licensed athletes to wear 2012 license on the back of the vest. 8. Juniors (born 1993 or later) wearing a junior or senior licence must display age tags ("J") to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors must provide proog of age 9. Junior teams competing for category prize money MUST consist of registered juniors & wear their age tage 10. No mobile seconding / pacing will be allowed and will lead to the disqualification of the entire team. 11. The team baton must be carried at all times, and chip fastened to the ankle with the provided velcro strip. 12. The baton & chip may ONLY be handed over in the DEMARCATED 10m change-over zone. Failure to do either will result in disqualification. 13. Team managers / captains MUST collect their numbers, batons, Electronic Timing Chip (Which will be loaned to you) and final instructions during registration on Saturday 29th September from 07h00 to 08h30 in the marquee. 14. Electronic Chip Timing will do lap recording & timing. The Chief Referee shall be the final arbitrator in resolving any dispute. 15. Final team composition and order of runners must be submitted in writing at registration. 16. The normal Coke, Powerade and Water will be provided for athletes at the ample refreshment stations on the route. 17. Tents and gazebos must be erected only in the spaces provided on the grass, at no cost. 18. No vehicles, caravans, gas equipment or open fires will be allowed on the grass. Alcohol consumption on the lawns is also Forbidden. These offences are punishable 19. General refreshments will be on sale for supporters and the public. 20. No monies will be refunded unless the organisers reject an entry. 21. Organisers reserve the right to adjust the category classification of corporate teams. 22. As the demand for corporate teams increases, corporate categories may be redefined in future. 23. Medals will be awarded to all team members of a team completing the relay. 23. Corporate teams do not compete for prize money 24. 50km Prize giving. Team captains are to collect awards at 17h00 in marquee and 25km awards at 13h00 in marquee. 25. Tog bag facilitiesat your own risk and medical facilities will be available in the marquee. 26. The Start of the relays is 09h00 and the cut-off time for the 50km relay is 17h00 and 25km is 13h00 Saturday 29th September 2012
1. All participants must be nine years or older.
2. School teams compete for gold, silver and bronze medals in the girls and boys teams.
3. All School Team members must be under the supervision of an adult whose name must be provided on the entry form under team manager/captain.
4. Adult Teams qualify for finishers medals
Each participating team will be supplied with a loan Electronic Timing Chip, which must be returned upon completion with the baton by the last team member. Failure to return a baton and loaned chip by the cut off time, will render the team captain/manager liable for the cost of R80