1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
2. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial, regional bodies, sponsors & organisers against all and any action whatsoever same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
3. One lap course.
4. Seven refreshment stations.
5. Distance markers every kilometer.
6. No seconding allowed.
7. Registered athletes must be members of a club affiliated to ASA and wear official club colours and two 2012 license numbers (front and back).
8. Athletes must be at least 15 years old for the 10km and 16 years old for the 21km on the day of the race.
9.Temporary licenses will be on sale at an additional fee of R20.00 for the 21km race and R15.00 for the 10km race.
10. Temporary licensed athletes must wear the two issued temporary licenses (back and front ) and plain clothing.
11. Numeric age category ID tags must be worn (front and back) by athletes competing for a category prize.
12. Proof of age must be provided to race officials on race day if requested.
13. Cut off time 3 hours, 30 minutes.
14. Regretfully no wheelchairs allowed.
15. No blades, cyclists or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
16. Categories in accordance with new ASA ruling.
17. Licensed athletes will be eligible to win an open prize plus a prize for age category they are participating in.
18. No athlete can qualify for any prize unless wearing a license or temporary license.
19. Athletes are not allowed to participate with pets.
20. International athletes must comply with ASA domicile rules.
21 (1.1) Wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, will not be permitted to participate without the special permission of the race organisers and traffic authorities.
(1.2) International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
(1.3) All traffic officers and official's instructions to be obeyed.
I declare that I am an amateur and agree to abide by the rules of the race as well as the rules of ASA and the CGA. I shall participate in the race at my own risk and hereby indemnify the national and provincial bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any action or claim of whatsoever nature, whatever same may result out of my participation in the race or from natural causes.