1. Race run according to the rules of ASA and AGN.
2. Minimum age 15 years on day of race for the 10km and 16 years for the 21.1 km.
3. Cut-off time 3 hours for all participants.
4. Registered athletes must wear two 2012 licenses, one at the back and one in front.
5. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear age category ID tags and be present at prize giving
6. Traffic police and race marshals must be obeyed at all times.
7. ID must be provided upon request.
8. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all and any actions of whatsoever nature arising out of their participation in the race.
9. No running or walking with pets will be permitted.
10. Regrettably no wheelchairs or prams allowed - course unsuitable.
11. No blades, cyclists or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
12. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4, par 2 regarding handing over their permits to the organisers.
13. Tog bag area available at own risk.
14. No littering is allowed 500m after the water tables.
15. No member of the CSIR Running Club may run.
16. A separate helpers’ race will be arranged.
17. Ample parking on CSIR campus.
a) Temporary Licence Athletes to wear the Temporary Licence at the back of their vest.
b) Walkers must wear a “W” tag on the front and back of their vest.
c) No seconding permitted. d) No iPods or other listening devices permitted.
e) Refreshment points approximately every 3km.
f) Medical support will be available on race day.