(Run in accordance with the rules and regulations and under the auspices of ASA and WPA)
1. Medals to first 1500 runners to finish in sub 5 hours.
2. Cut off for both races is 5 hours. All runners must be off the road by 11h00.
3. Prize giving for both races will start at 11h10.
4. The 42.2km Marathon is a qualifier for the 2013 Two Oceans and Comrades if completed within the qualifying time set for those two races.
5. Free entry to all Great Grandmasters (70+) – proof of age may be required.
6. Open to all athletes 20 years and older on race day.
7. Results will be sent to all clubs.
8. Tog Bag security will be available at own risk.
9. Runners must be present at prize-giving for any Spot prizes.
10. Red Hill Classic & Marathon are run in accordance with the rules and under the auspices of WPA and ASA.
11. There will be different coloured race numbers for each race. The marshals at the Perdekloof intersection and at the Finish will direct the runner along the applicable route / Finish tunnel in accordance with the colour of their race number.
12. All runners undertake to participate at their own risk and the sponsors and organisers will not accept any liability for any injury, illness or accident occurring during or as a result of the race.
13. All participants must wear the allocated race number on the front and a valid 2013 permanent or temporary licence number on the back of their vests.
14. In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of runner's club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
15. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
16. Full Club Colours are to be worn to be eligible for team prize.
17. Participants must be in possession of FHAC stamped race entry cards at all times and medals will only be issued on presentation of the entry card on completion of the race.
18. All athletes to run on the right hand side of the road unless otherwise directed by marshals or traffic officials. The instructions of Traffic Officers and Marshals must be obeyed at all times.
19. No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshments stations.
Any Runner guilty of tossing cups or water sachets anywhere else but on a tarred road might be disqualified. If rubbish bins are out of reach then please assist us by carrying empty sachets and cups to the next waterpoint. PLEASE HELP US KEEP THIS A CLEAN RACE.